We (National Residential) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information given to us by our clients. We are registered Data Controllers. Our registration number is ZA081795
Any information submitted to National Residential is protected by The Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information.
NB. PLEASE ALSO READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE (“SITE”). BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY BOTH POLICIES, AS SUPPLEMENTED OR MODIFIED BY National Residential FROM TIME TO TIME AS DISCUSSED BELOW.
This Policy applies solely to our online data collection from this site; it does not describe information collection policies for other data we collect, including data collected on other sites, such as separate sites operated by our Business Partners that we do not control.
Please read it carefully and ensure that you understand it. If you do not accept and agree with any part of it please stop using the website immediately, because your continuing use of our website will be seen as your acceptance of it.
Definitions and Interpretation
Meanings of phrases within this document:
- Data – Any information that a user of the website provides to us, through our “Contact” page, or through emailing us relating to any person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that information.
- We/Us/Our – We operate as two sister companies: Nationwide Property Developments Limited (company number 05854929) and The Online National Residential Estate Agency Limited (‘National Residential’ – company number 06421548 and VAT number GB278739539) – both of registered office address 26 Greek Street, Stockport, SK3 8AB and both of trading address: 1 Hunters Walk, Canal Street, Chester, CH1 4EB.
- You/Your – A user of the website and of our services
- The Website –national-residential.co.uk
We are a member of The Property Ombudsman Code of Practice for Residential Estate Agents. General Data Protection Regulation. The Trading Standards Institute.
If you have any questions about the website or the use of your data, please contact us at:
- Tel: 0800 6123694 / 01244 757152
- Address: 1 Hunters Walk, Canal Street, Chester, CH1 4EB
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? HOW DO WE USE IT?
You can visit us on the World Wide Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your e-mail address. In this case, our Web servers collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet (such as aol.com), which pages on our Site are visited (and when they are visited), Internet browser type and platform, the link that brought you to our Site, and any links clicked within our Site. This information is used by us and our business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to our Website in general. We also use this data to monitor site performance and to make the site easier and more convenient to use. None of this information can be used by us to identify you.
Personal Information Collection
There are times when we may ask you for information about yourself to assist us in meeting your various needs, including:
- Providing you with products or services you have requested
- Servicing your account
- Improving our services
- Developing and/or informing you of additional products or services that may be of interest
In these cases, your browsing will no longer be anonymous to us. To provide these services, we may need to ask you directly to provide, among other things, your name, address, post code, e-mail address, phone number and certain financial information about the value of your home.
Also, you may elect to apply online for one of our products or services, which may require us to gather additional information to determine your eligibility for such products or services.
Please note that we do not knowingly solicit information from children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly market our products or services to such children. As a result, children under 18 years of age should not use this Site.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored by your Internet browser on your computer’s hard drive. If you are browsing, a cookie is used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to our Website.
Cookies cannot be used to get data from your hard drive, get your e-mail address or personally identifiable information about you. You may set your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our site and may prevent you from accessing products and services we offer.
E-MAIL COMMUNICATION AND ONLINE SURVEYS
Occasionally, we will send you e-mail communications with information, which may be useful to you, including information about our products and services or about offerings from affiliates or third parties. When you first provide us with your e-mail address, you will be given the option of not receiving any such e-mail or other marketing contacts if you choose. We will also include instructions in our e-mail messages on how to unsubscribe if you later decide you do not want to receive any future e-mails or other marketing contacts from us or other third parties.
At times, we conduct online surveys to better understand the needs, profiles, and experience of our visitors. Your will be given the option of not participating in such surveys.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION SECURED AND PROTECTED?
At www.national-residential.co.uk, our goal is to protect your personal information submitted to us through this site. E-mail communication is not suitable for confidential information; please do not send us any confidential details by email.
Your data will only be stored in the EU (UK) in line with all GDPR requirements.
Using Your Information
Where we hold any personal information, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary, considering the reason it was provided to us.
We will potentially –
- Reply to your email;
- Provide details on the properties requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
- Offer or provide you with the services requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
- Use various forms of communication including letter, telephone call and SMS
We will delete your personal information once your request has been met or the service has been provided, except where –
- You were interested in details of properties we are offering, when we will continue to hold your information in order to send you information on other properties that may interest you;
- You become a client or a buyer of a property;
- You require us to retain it for longer;
- We are required to retain it for longer for other legal reasons.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your data and to request that we delete it as detailed below.
Sharing Your Information With Third-party Service Providers
We share data with our sister companies, Nationwide Property Developments Limited and Elephant Lettings Nationwide Property Developments Limited as well some third-party service providers who provide specialist services relating to our business practice.
They regularly include communication companies, call answering services, software developers, software service providers (auction platform), a variety of estate agents, a variety of solicitors, specialist service providers and occaisional others.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with GDPR regulations and our data protection policy.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own or other purposes.
We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our legitimate business interest and on our instructions or with our agreement.
For more information on our Data Protection Policy, please see Data Protection Policy
For more information about our Legitimate Business Interests, please see Legitimate Business Interests
As a user you have the following rights –
- A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal information;
- A right of access to the personal information we hold about you;
- A right to rectification if any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- A right to ask us to delete any personal information held about you unless we are obliged to retain the information for other legal reasons;
- A right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal information;
- A right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- A right to object to the use of your data for particular purposes.
Contacting Us to Exercise Your Data Protection Rights
To exercise any of your rights including preventing disclosure of this information to unaffiliated third parties (except as necessary to fulfil your requests, or as required by law) e-mailing us at (use the subject line “DISCLOSURE OPT-OUT” and include your name, physical address, and e-mail address) or by calling us, if you so choose.
What Does This Policy Cover?
This website (www.national-residential.co.uk) is owned and operated by The Online National Residential Agency a trading company. ‘National Residential’ is a trading name of The Online National Residential Estate Agency Ltd of 1 Hunters Walk, Canal Street, Chester CH1 4EB registered with Companies House with number 06421548.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us at or 0800 6123694.
We will address your concerns and attempt to solve the problem to your satisfaction.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.